Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fix Your Thoughts!

Phil 4: 8-9 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

I am to Fix my thoughts. Now that's a wide open field! I don't know about you but my mind is a constant highway. Most days congested with thoughts too numerous to process. I look eagerly for the exit ramp so I can take one or two thoughts to a road less traveled and spend time on just them. I need the quiet of a back road to meander down to look deeply at my thoughts and apply truth to them. Cover them with love so I can gently pick out the pain. And once I do that; I can then start placing them over the light of truth, honor, righteousness, and purity. Do they measure up against such things? If they don't am I willing to leave those thoughts right there on the back road and venture back on to the high way. Forgetting what I left behind and moving on to find thoughts that are excellent and worthy of praise!
I know for my self when I fill my thought highway with God's word, when I meditate on that and let it cut through the junk in my head to produce truth I end up in a much better place. The highway becomes less congested, and the back road trips are needed less. Because I'm taking them captive and apply truth long before a pile up on the high way ever happens.
Then the God of Peace will be with you... yes yes yes! I will fix my thoughts on what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely and admirable for no other reason then to receive HIS peace. What a swap!

1 comment:

  1. There's where freedom can be found....as we take our thoughts captive and hold them up to the truth!

    ReplyDelete