Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Isaiah 2

Twice in this chapter a very powerful statement is made that caught my eye. It is first stated in vs 19

Men will flee to caves in the rocks
and to holes in the ground
from dread of the LORD
and the splendor of his majesty,
when he rises to shake the earth
.

then again vs 21

They will flee to caverns in the rocks
and to the overhanging crags
from dread of the LORD
and the splendor of his majesty,
when he rises to shake the earth
.
(Emphasis mine)

I don’t know about you, but the awe of this statement fills me with a true fear of the LORD. When a statement is repeated like that it means we best sit up and take notice, obviously the writer is wanting us to know it’s importance by repeating it.

This passage reminds me of Ezekiel 10 where the Spirit of God departs the temple. The majesty that is described in the text, how God’s Glory Filled the place, and the pomp and circumstance with which He left. I don’t think we get just how awesome He is.

Or in
Daniel 7:9
As I looked,
thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.

I don’t think we spend enough time focused on just who God is. Or on the place of Honor in which He resides, or that we water down the importance of the very Throne of God. That statement “and the splendor of His majesty when He rises to shake the earth”, gives me such a picture my mind can barely comprehend. Close your eyes for just a moment, go there with me…

Can you hear the crackle of the throne all ablaze as the Ancient of Days, the God above all gods, rises from His throne, as He stands with eyes full of judgment to “shake the earth”. Time after time He has plead with us to rid ourselves of sin, to no longer allow the idols of this world to grab our hearts away from Him, the only true God who deserves our worship and adoration. As He extends His hand to shake the earth, where will you be? Running for the caves or safe in Christ.

I challenge you to take the time to pour over the word, search it for places that describe Him in all His Glory, Power and Majesty. Take a look at yourself in view of Who He is, and if you come away unchanged, then I suggest you start running for the caves.

No comments:

Post a Comment