Thursday, March 25, 2010

She Speaks 2010

Last year I attended my first She Speaks Conference, by Proverbs31Ministries in North Carolina. It was an intense learning experience both in speaking to a small audience and in pursuing what God would have for me. I left there with a definite calling on my heart to pursue Ministering to Women. While there God gave me;

Isaiah 41: 9 & 10 9 I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, ‘You are my servant.’ For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. 10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

As I prayed that Saturday night for Him to make His call clear to me, this verse was waiting for me in the prayer room with my name attached to it. I wept that God would consider me a useful tool for Him to place in His hand. As a woman who has gone through divorce, I had felt that God could not or would not use me; or if He did it would be limited. The first sentence of that verse brought me to my knees before the very lover of my soul as He spoke His love over me. I felt that He had at that very moment called me back from the very ends of the earth and placed me in His victorious right hand.

Since my first conference I have started a blog. The tools I came away from She Speaks with have truly been an asset in my ministry. What God has given me in my spirit has flowed out in a manner I never would have thought possible. I desire to grasp more of what She Speaks has to offer to continue to reach people with His story, a story that He continues to wrap around me. The workshop that has helped me the most was Wendy Pope’s; the resources she gave for using the Word accurately in preparing a lesson, a devotional or for anything I write has been paramount.

This year has confirmed the call God has placed on my heart; as in late fall I became the head of Women’s Ministries at my church. The tools I came away with have helped me in facilitating bible studies, teaching adult Sunday school, and planning my first Women’s Conference.

We have also gone through tremendous financial difficulties over the past year. In fear of not being able to make good on my commitment to She Speaks, I have by faith submitted my registration and am relying on the One who has called me to make it possible. Which is why this scholarship is so important to me; for more information on this years scholarship go to http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/2010/03/she-speaks-scholarship-contest.html

If God is placing a desire in your heart to Minister to Women, to speak or write about His truth and Love I encourage you to join me and about 600 other women on July 30th thru Aug 1st in Concord, North Carolina for the 2010 She Speaks Conference. Please follow this link for more information http://www.shespeaksconference.com/index.htm

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your entry for She Speaks and congrats on your role in the women's ministry at your church. That is wonderful! I did want to let you know that your link from Lysa's blog isn't working quite right- it says that the page "is no longer available". I found it by clicking on your blog title on the error page. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete