Friday, August 7, 2009

Has your Veil been lifted?

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 (NIV) 16But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

I have never been a big fan of veils. I tend to think they blur ones vision. I wore one when I married the first time, it was the tradition still in 1981. I found it difficult to see my soon to be husband and the people whom I had invited to share this day, yet glad to have my dad at my side to lead me. Knowing me I would have tripped and fallen with out his aid. Now as I stated it was my first marriage, which means at some point it came to an end. Sometimes I wonder had I not wore that veil would I have seen more clearly? I don't know, there were still those rose colored glasses under the veil anyway. I didn't wear one when I re-married in 2001. I wanted to see my beloved's face as I walked up the isle, I wanted nothing between us as our eyes met. Veils...
I understand the need for Moses to cover His face with a veil. God's personal Glory had shone so bright, Moses intimate time with God Most High had a radiant effect on his person. That Radiance had it not been veiled would have killed the Israelites had he not taken care to cover his face. The Glory effect was fleeting, and after a short while Moses lifted his veil and it was gone.

You and I as ones who have turned to Christ and are filled with His Spirit can live unveiled. Christ desires that His glory be radiated from our beings. That our transformed lives not be covered, but that we walk and live in such away, that others will know that we have spent time in His presence. That when our eyes meet that one whom God has placed in our path that they see Him in our unveiled face.
I love the part of verse 18 that says: "transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory" Moses carried God's full glory on his face, then it went it way. Unlike Moses, our transformation is a process, and the glory of God in our being is (or should be) ever increasing.
Are we spending time with the very lover of our souls? Is His radiance ever increasing in our life. Are we turning to the Lord? We need to allow Him to transform our lives so His Glory can ever increase in us. Unveiled, ever increasing Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment