Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tested by Many Troubles

II Corinthians 8:1-2 "Now I want you to know, dear brothers and sisters, what God in His kindness has done through the churches in Macedonia. They are being tested by many troubles, and they are very poor. But they are also filled with abundant joy, which has overflowed in rich generosity."

Can I say WOW! This spoke right to my heart as I read it this morning. My church family has been struggling. We are being tested with trouble, there is no doubt in my spirit about this. And not only trouble but we are also financially poor. Verse one could clearly read "Churches in Middleboro". Who says the bible is not relevant today? I'd like to have a talk with them!

What I want to focus on is the last sentence; "But they are also filled with abundant joy" Not just 'joy' But ABUNDANT JOY! Overflowing, spilling out in generosity, joy. Last week I saw JOY in the family as the Pastor confronted some hard issues. Then Joy as 3 men were baptized that afternoon. I'm praying on these two verses that God would bring ABUNDANT JOY to the church in Middleboro. Joy that is overflowing, spilling out in generosity. Because it would fix both problems we are having, the "troubles and the poor in finances". God is so amazing and His word is relevant today!

1 comment: