Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Some of the Most Beautiful Words of the Bible:

I love how God just keeps connecting a theme in my faith journey. Over and over again He has reminded me of His presence, His desire to dwell with me.

This morning as I was reading II Corinthians 6 there it was again. in vs 16b:
“I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people." Which is Paul quoting Ezekiel 37:27
For in the very beginning this was God's desire as He created the Garden of Eden and placed Adam and Eve there. He created man so He could walk among them. (man rebels and the garden is closed) Then His Glory was present as Moses lead the Israelites out of Egypt, again He walked among his people. (man rebels and the law is handed down) Again as He planned out the temple and His Spirit rested over the Ark of the Covenant, He was among His people. (man rebels and the Chariot of the Lord leaves the temple) Jesus, God in the flesh was born and walked among us for 33 years. (man doesn't even recognize him) He is crucified, buried and risen not only from the dead, but rises to Glory and sends His Holy Spirit so once again He can walk among us (in us). And as Ezekiel 48:35 declares He will Dwell with us In the New City, the New Jerusalem. (Jehovah Shammah)

God, dwelling among us, walking with us. Over and over again in His word He proclaims His love for us proclaiming that He LONGS TO DWELL WITH US.
Are we letting Him? Do we want Him like He wants us?

No comments:

Post a Comment